About the National Stroke Foundation: We are a not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community.
We are the voice of stroke in Australia. Our mission is to stop stroke, save lives and end suffering.
Our Vision and mission:
A world free from disability and suffering caused by stroke
Stop stroke, save lives, end suffering
Courage, Excellence, Compassion, Integrity, Leadership
- We are the Voice of Stroke in Australia.
- We create two-way conversations with the community, health professionals and governments to advocate for better health outcomes for all Australians affected by stroke.
- We work across the stroke journey, supporting stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, governments and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community.
- We ensure people understand how stroke can be prevented and by learning the signs of stroke and acting quickly, the outcomes for those who have strokes can be significantly improved.
- We work to ensure all people who have strokes are treated on specialised stroke units and discharged from hospital with appropriate care plans and support.
- We fund research into stroke treatment and care.
- We rely on the generosity of the community to undertake our work.
Visit our website for more help and information click here