Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is the country's largest not-for-profit autism specific service provider. Our vision is 'to overcome the isolation of autism' and our mission is to 'build confidence and capacity with people who have an autism spectrum disorder, their families and communities by providing information, education and other services.' Learn more about Aspect.
Aspect offers services for 0-6 year olds, school age children, adolescents and adults. Aspect uses evidence based approaches and as such has a commitment to quality research.
Phone 1800 069 978 1800 069 978 (within NSW only) or 02 8977 8377 02 8977 8377
As part of its commitment to providing information, Aspect offers a free service, called the Aspect Autism Information Line, for people across Australia who have an ASD, as well as for their families, carers, support staff and professionals.
The Aspect Autism Information Line is staffed by professionals from a number of disciplines, and has available a wide range of information about services and resources.
People contacting the Aspect Autism Information Line can access:
• Assistance with specific enquiries
• Referral for services within Aspect and the wider community
• Brief practical advice to help families and carers with the day-to-day management of their children with an ASD
• Information and resource packs for early intervention, school age, post school age and adults
The Aspect Autism Information Line receives enquiries from a range of people including:
• Parents wanting information about early signs of autism spectrum disorder
• Adults who suspect they may be on the autism spectrum
• Individuals requesting contact from a support group
• Preschools asking for information about settling a child with ASD into their group time
• Grandparents wanting to know how best to provide help and support
• Families requesting respite in their local area
• Families and/or service providers in mainstream schooling
How to access the Autism Information Line:
Phone 1800 069 978 1800 069 978 (within NSW only) or 02 8977 8377 02 8977 8377 between the hours of 9am and 4pm on weekdays. Staff may be busy on other calls but please leave a voice message so that your call can be returned at the first opportunity.
Otherwise, you can email your request and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org