“Better, healthier outcomes for newborns and their families challenged by prematurity and sickness.”
Miracle Babies Foundation is Australia’s leading organisation supporting premature and sick newborns, their families and the hospitals that care for them.
Every year in Australia around 45,000 newborn babies require the help of a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or Special Care Nursery (SCN). 25,000 of these babies are born premature and up to 1000 babies lose their fight for life.
For families, the experience of having a baby come into the world not as expected or planned is life changing. Without support, this overwhelming and traumatic experience can have lifelong effects on the emotional wellbeing of these miracle families. It affects the entire family unit.
Since 2005, Miracle Babies Foundation has been passionate in developing and providing vital programs and resources to support and enhance a family’s experience from a threatened pregnancy, hospital journey with a premature or sick newborn, the transition to home and beyond.
Australia is home to 22 state of the art intensive care units designed to meet the unique and critical needs of our earliest and sickest babies. Working with health professionals on the joint agenda of better outcomes for families, Miracle Babies provides informative education and insight on a family’s experience and funding for equipment, resources and research.
- Support, education and resources for families of premature and sick newborns from conception to birth and the years beyond.
- Working in partnership with healthcare providers and professional organisations in education, training, funding, research and resources.
- Advocate to positively influence the long term outcome for families.
- Create meaningful communities that empower families and children to reach their full potential
- Drive innovation and quality to facilitate improved care and healthier outcomes
Better, healthier outcomes for newborns and their families challenged by prematurity or sickness
Values and Qualities
Empathy Families Commitment Quality Transparency Compassion Innovation Connection Collaboration Community
Visit our website for more information click here