Rotary Park was established in 1956 as a club project along with the observatory which was built in 1960. The park is situated above Town Beach on Stewart St. Over time the park and facilities deteriorated so there was no real attraction to draw the public to use the space.
By January 2013 the following upgrades were completed:
The addition of three shelter sheds and barbecue facility
Walking path from south to north which provides access for the disabled.
New native species garden planted. and installation of a pergola over the path.
Installation of new playground including fencing and sails for shade protection.
The park is now a busy, happy place that the local community and visitors to Port Macquarie can us