Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer Calvary Mater
Our Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer (AHLO) supports Aboriginal patients, families, community members and our staff. The role of our AHLO is to connect with and support patients from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
The AHLO can provide the following free services: * Being a link between the medical teams and the patient/families during the admission.
* Face-to-face contact with patients Social and emotional support
* Engagement and advocacy for patients and their families
* Assisting with discharge planning and accessing resources
* Assist with enquiries for patients and families
* Follow-up care with patients
* Networking with other service providers within the hospital structure and the wider community
* Sensitivity and cultural support when working in conjunction with patients
* Working with staff within the facility, to develop and implement programs and strategies that assist in improving health outcomes for Aboriginal individuals and communities.