LBH Social Worker Service
The Lismore Base Hospital Social Work team can assist and enable individuals, families and groups to adjust to the changes in their health, personal and family situations through the following:
• To promote the psychosocial wellbeing of patients, their family/carers and significant others
• To maximise the coping ability of patients following acute and chronic illness and the subsequent changes to health functioning
• To facilitate the patients and family access to intra and inter hospital transfers, arranging accommodation and reimbursement processes, thereby, eliminating the stressors associated with the costs of health services delivery to individuals and families
• To maximise the potential of patients who are unable to return to their former lifestyle as a result of illness
• To maximise the coping ability of patients following surgical intervention involving a loss of body image and/or a loss of health functioning
• To facilitate and promote appropriate access to community resources.