SERH, Social Work Service
Social workers are a part of your health care team which can include allied health, medical and nursing staff. We provide counselling and support, psychoeducation, information and referrals to community counselling, housing, financial, legal and other service providers.
All SNSWLHD social work services are provided within the guidelines and ethics of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW) and NSW Health.
Social Work services can assist you with:
- domestic and family violence
- elder abuse
- child protection
- sexual assault
- child and family health
- women’s health, including termination and pregnancy support
- sudden unexpected death
- adjustment to diagnosis, accident or chronic health conditions like cancer, diabetes, cardiac and renal conditions
- bereavement, grief and loss support
- palliative care end of life discussions
- carer support
You don’t need a Doctor’s referral. Contact SNSWLHD Central Intake on 1800 999 880
Or if you are in hospital, tell the ward clerk or nursing staff if you or a family member wish to see a social worker.