There is a 10 minute pick up and drop off zone at the main entrance of the hospital and limited two hour on-street car parking available on Flinders Drive (the main road in front of the hospital). Parts of this road are quite steep.
Please note that this area is regularly patrolled by local council parking inspectors. For longer periods, parking is available in Wilson’s multi-storey car park, located next to the main entrance of the hospital. This car park is dedicated mainly to patients and families.
The southern car park is also available for patients and families visiting the Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Building and the Older Persons' Mental Health Unit. Fees apply and you must pay at the AutoPay stations before leaving.
Bicycle racks can be found near the main entrance of the hospital, near the multi-storey car park entrance.
FMC is fully accessible for wheelchairs. Lifts are situated inside the main entrance and throughout the hospital. A ramp is available at the Northern Entrance (opposite the multi-storey car park).
Car parking spaces for people holding disability permits can be found:
- in the multi-storey car park (designated Disability Permit parks are located near the lifts on Level 2 or drivers can use any available car parking space) and the southern car park
- Level 4 Southern Entrance
- just past the main entrance of the hospital, facing the creek area
- on Flinders Drive, further down from the main entrance.
- A 10-minute set-down space is also available under the verandah at the main entrance of the hospital.